About the iUTAH's Summer Institute
Watch this video for more information about iUTAH Summer Institute.
When: June 15-18, 2015 (Institute) and July 17, 2015 (Symposium)
Where: Utah Valley University, Wasatch Campus, Heber City, UT
Application Deadline: April 30, 2015
Teachers, undergraduates and high school students:
Like to spend time outdoors learning about your environment? Join us for a week spent performing research in the Heber Valley along the Middle Provo River Watershed and contribute to the bigger picture of water sustainability in Utah.
- Teachers of Grades 7-12 in Science, Social Studies and Technology
- Undergraduate Students
- Students in Grades 9-12
During the Institute you will:
- Work in small teams of high school students, undergraduates, teachers and graduate students.
- Perform hands-on research in the field related to: microbiology and water quality, vegetation and soil moisture, and the influence of geology on water quality.
- Gain insight into what scientists do and how they collaborate.
- Work together to analyze your data and prepare a poster to share your research findings.
- Earn a stipend for your participation.
During the Symposium you will:
- Present your research poster in an informal, open-house format.
- Learn about more watershed-related research in the Wasatch front.
- Participate in breakout sessions tailored to you.